Whether you are buying your first house or negotiating your 50th commercial lease, if you are making a transaction involving your property rights you need an experienced and knowledgeable real estate attorney for advice or representation.
The Astoria, Brooklyn and Manhattan real estate attorneys of Ortiz & Ortiz, LLP, have more than four decades of real estate law experience. We have handled complex real estate matters, simple sales, and everything in between. Given our long history, we understand the local real estate market and know how to help you get the best possible deal in your real estate transaction. In fact, one of our partners is a licensed real estate broker.
Our services in this area include all of the following and more:
- Drafting of purchase and sale agreements
- Reviewing real estate contracts
- Acquiring residential property in New York
- Drafting powers of attorney
- Negotiating deeds in lieu of foreclosure
- Real estate closings
- Drafting joint property agreements
- Residential and commercial lease review
- Residential and commercial holdover proceedings involving lease expiration
- Residential and commercial nonpayment proceedings
- Illegal subletting
- Non-primary residence
- Breach of warranty of habitability
Foreclosure Defense and Loan Modifications
Astoria, Brooklyn and Manhattan Foreclosure Defense Lawyers
Your home is your castle. It is a symbol of the American Dream and provides stability to your family. A house is, for many New Yorkers, their single biggest financial investment and most valuable asset. Facing a foreclosure on such an important asset can cause enormous emotional turmoil. It can make you feel confused, angry, depressed, frustrated and desperate to find a way to save your home.
The Astoria, Brooklyn and Manhattan foreclosure defense lawyers at Ortiz & Ortiz, LLP have mastered the tools and strategies necessary to battle foreclosure in difficult situations. Our attorneys understand the stress and anxiety that foreclosure can cause and are here to offer you a solution. We can help you fight foreclosure, explore foreclosure alternatives, and understand the foreclosure process and its effects on your credit. While every case is different, we will take the time to explain your options and recommend the best possible solutions to the potential loss of your family home.
Contact us today to defend your legal rights and work toward a favorable legal resolution on your behalf.
Astoria, Brooklyn and Manhattan Loan Modification Lawyers
One option to protect your home or business property is to modify your loan. In essence, this involves changing the original terms of the mortgage to make your payments more affordable. We have years of experience negotiating with lenders to obtain the best possible terms for our clients. Here are some of the ways we may be able to modify your loan and protect your family home:
- Reduce the interest rate, or change from a floating to a fixed rate
- Lower the monthly payment
- Reduce the principal
- Reduce or eliminate late fees and other penalties
- Cap the monthly payment so that it based on a percentage of the household’s income
- Lengthen the term of the loan
If you are faced with foreclosure, contact our Astoria loan modification attorneys today for a consultation.